List of Information to Gather
1. Full legal name, date of birth, address(including county) for client.
2. Death certificate if probate matter.
3. Names and addresses for all beneficiaries, or heirs, including children from prior marriages, predeceased and adopted children.
4. Copies of all deeds for real estate within the State of Tennessee.
5. Copies of all deeds for real estate outside the State of Tennessee.
6. Copy of most recent bank and/or credit union statements, which show the account number, address of bank/credit union and the style of the account. For probate matters, please include the value as of the date of death.
7. Copy of the most recent brokerage account statement showing name of account, bokerage company name, address for brokerage company and account number(s). For probate matters, please include the value as of the date of death.
8. Copy of the most recent IRA, 401 K Pension, or other retirement account statement showing name on account, institution holding funds, account number and addresss. For probate matter, please include the value as of the date of death.
9. Copy of all vehicle titles, including recreational vehicles, motorcycles, motor homes and vehicles collected, boats, motors etc.
10. Information on life insurance policy(s) including name of insurance, address of insurance company, policy njumber, name of owner, insured and beneficiary, death benefit and cash value.
11. For probate matters, you should also bring the original will.